Friday 1 January 2010

Hello I'm Rodney, welcome to Media Capital. This is my blog, offering news and comments on the media industry within London, the UK and occasionally the rest of the world.

I’m a trainee journalism student, studying part time for my NCTJ certificate through Cleland Thom’s CTJT distance learning course, details of which can be found at www.ctjt.biz

In May 2009 I passed my NCJT certificates in Public Affairs Local and Central Government, I'm now currently studying for my Media Law exam which I intend to take in May 2010.

My full time career is in medical regulation, but I've now decided to develop a sideline career in freelance writing and journalism. I've been told this is known has having a portfolio career.

I don't have a background of working within any of the media industries. What I do have is a genuine passion for writing and a keen interest in the world of media. The blog is my attempt to develop this interest, and hopefully provide some useful insight and discussion on developments within the industry.

The next few years will be a fascinating time within the media world. Surely the biggest question currently being asked concerns the future of the newspaper industry. Do they have any longterm future? What new business models will emerge? And with the switch to digital, will online paywalls be the answer to declining revenues?

Other areas of great interest include the growth of social media, I'm looking forward to seeing how social media will grow and evolve? These are just some of the many areas which I hope to discuss and focus upon with this blog.

One of the great things about blogging is the sharing of ideas, thoughts, and developing discussions with others. If you feel that you'd like to respond to any of the posts on here then please do so, all comments will be much appreciated.

Rodney



My Contact details

Email:write2rodneyd@hotmail.com

Blogs: www.ablogwithmerodneyd.blogspot.com

Linkedin: www.uk.linkedin.com/in/rodneyd75